This release brings a slew of Braille table improvements, fixes a number of security related bugs and introduces a new tool to generate liblouis Braille tables based on a corpus of know good Braille translations. For a detailed list of all the changes refer to the list of closed issues.
- New features
- Bug fixes
- Braille table improvements
- New, renamed or removed tables
- Next release
A new tool
lou_maketable enables the creation of tables based on a corpus of known good Braille translations. This has huge potential to simplify table maintenance for tables that have so far been dominated by large exception lists. Thanks to Bert Frees.
Meta data query API
A new API and a corresponding command line tool to query table meta data thanks to Bert Frees
- UEB grade 2
- Fix back-translation of whole word contractions followed by other contractions thanks to James Teh.
- Fix back-translation for contractions followed by punctuation thanks to James Teh.
- Fix a number of CVEs (illegal address access, buffer overflow and use-after-free or in terms of CVEs: CVE-2017-13738, CVE-2017-13739, CVE-2017-13740, CVE-2017-13741, CVE-2017-13742 and CVE-2017-13744) thanks to Mike Gorse.
- Fix CVE-2017-13743 thanks to Christian Egli.
Braille table improvements
- New table for Croatian grade 1 Braille thanks to Zlatko Sobočan.
- Fixes and tests for Slovak Braille thanks to Simon Aittamaa
- Numerous fixes in the character definitions of the Spanish tables thanks to Simon Aittamaa
- Unified French 6 dots and 8 dots improvements for back-translation thanks to Michel Such
- Updates to the Chinese braille table thanks to Coscell Kao
- Updates to Nemeth character definitions thanks to Attila Hammer
- The Hungarian tables now conform to the new 2017 standard thanks to Attila Hammer
New, renamed or removed tables
- hr.ctb -> hr-comp8.utb
- hr.tbl -> hr-comp8.tbl
The next release will be published on December 4, 2017 so please keep up the excellent work and keep those improvements coming.