This release contains updates to the Afrikaans, Malayalam, Malay, Israeli, classical English and Portuguese tables. It also contains a new table for Coptic thanks to first-time contributor Ibraam Nasif. Behind the scenes there have been major changes to the cross-compilation tool-chain that will finally allow us to ship pre-built windows binaries that contain
For a detailed list of all the changes refer to the list of closed issues.
- New features
- Bug fixes
- Braille table improvements
- Other changes
- Deprecation notice
- Backwards incompatible changes
- Invisible changes
- New, renamed or removed tables
Braille table improvements
- New computer braille table for the Coptic language thanks to Ibraam Nasif from Coptic Bishopric of Youth
- Improvements to Afrikaans thanks to Christo de Klerk
- Fixed correct handling of the ŉ character (0x149)
- Prevent contraction of
- "self" in "selfoon", "selfone",
- "ui" in words and names like "quisling", "quidproquo", "quiëtis", "Quinten", "Quintus",
- "er" in words like "konstituering".
- Improved table for Malayalam grade 1 thanks to Jake Kyle.
- Fixed rules for Candrakkala character at the end of a word.
- Fixed rules for letters ര മ ങ in certain contexts.
- Improved back-translation.
- Improvements to grade 2 Malay braille thanks to Herbert Koh.
- Improvements to Israeli 6-dot thanks to BAUM Engineering.
- Fixed number sign for Arabic digits.
- Fixed Hebrew letters with dagesh.
- Added bullets to the classical English tables, thanks to Bue Vester-Andersen
- Improved Portuguese grade 1 thanks to Bue Vester-Andersen.
- Fixed forward translation of &, <, >, `, ¶ and '.
- Improved back-translation. The table is now tagged as going both forward and backward.
- Added missing square root sign.
Backwards incompatible changes
- Major rework of the cross-compilation tool-chain. There are now Docker images that should allow for local builds of binaries for 32 and 64 bit. These include the libyaml library so the binaries contain
lou_checkyaml.exe. This will allow table creators to test their changes locally under windows.
New, renamed or removed tables